nathan

What Walking Around Krakow is Like

I am in Poland. I’ll be moving in to my Krakow apartment on Tuesday. Woot. There are some pretty exciting things to talk about and I’ll have all the juicy details here soon. For now, though:

This afternoon I walked around for 2 hours in central Krakow shooting video with the only video camera I have: my pack-of-cards-sized Canon SD-1100 point-and-shoot camera. Thanks to the newly-acquired laptop, I can actually edit stuff. Started shooting at about 3:00 pm this afternoon, finished editing at a leisurely pace by 11:00 pm.

Fun to make up a simple project and just finish it in a day.

I have had pierogis three times at the pictured pierogi restaurant. They are awesome. The “Buty” store, which I pronounce “Booty” every time I walk past it, sells shoes. And boots.

So, in all of it’s one minute and five seconds of glory, here is what central Krakow is like. Music by Herb Alpert. Thanks, Loxy.

An afternoon walk in Krakow, Poland from Nathan Shipley on Vimeo.

13 Responses to “What Walking Around Krakow is Like”

1. brianon 27 Oct 2008 at 6:43 am

good stuff, man. looking forward to seeing and hearing more.

2. nathanon 27 Oct 2008 at 7:07 am

I am impressed in your ability to consistently comment first. To comment consistently, as well. Score one for Google Reader.

3. Danon 27 Oct 2008 at 9:11 am

As a video editor… or at least as a brother of one… I must say that is pretty good work.

One piece of advice though, this video needs more hot chicks dancing around and less interesting pretty views of Krakow.

Please take that as constructive criticism.

Also…. looks like a lot of fun!

4. nathanon 27 Oct 2008 at 9:24 am

Duly noted. I’m gonna need to get more ballsy about the whole thing and just start shooting hot chicks dancing. They’re always so intimidating.

Otherwise, thanks! Please mail me a tripod.

5. von 27 Oct 2008 at 9:42 am

Yay! I loved that. Great music selection. So glad you have mini projects to share!

6. Gageon 27 Oct 2008 at 1:53 pm

I can’t watch your video until I get home from work because of the firewall, but I do want you to know that I was playing Scrabble on my phone this morning and played “farting” for a bingo. Big day for me.

7. nathanon 27 Oct 2008 at 1:55 pm

These are the things I miss.

8. GaByon 27 Oct 2008 at 4:16 pm

You always surprice me!!!….my god how good you are!!!!…I really like a lot the video specially the last shoot hehe ;) ….. thats my genius!!!! muak!! :)

9. Andrew Nelsonon 28 Oct 2008 at 10:02 am

Oh yeah.

10. nathanon 28 Oct 2008 at 10:21 am

Saw that coming a mile away.

11. Nanfanon 29 Oct 2008 at 4:20 pm

Hi, Bub – You’re so CUTE!! – though you’re losing weight, I think. Get back to that pierogi restaurant and get to eating. Great video – with fun, light-hearted music. Herb – a Tijuana delight. It doesn’t look so cold after all. Love you!!

12. VeachEon 01 Nov 2008 at 5:33 am

Yeesh, I’ve been in Hong Kong going on four months now without posting any videos. Though my photos do feature quite a selection of hot chicks. Recommend any free video editing programs for my Windows laptop? I have the inspiration, now all I need is the chutzpah. And stuff.
    Sweet vid, my friend. Loved every angle, pan and transition.

13. EJ Wackyon 01 Nov 2008 at 2:23 pm

Can’t wait to hear more about Poland! I’ve always wanted to go there, so I can live vicariously through you until I get the chance to visit. Also, I looooove pierogis, and I’m jealous that you actually get to eat them in Poland. I’m sure they’re much tastier there.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS